Saturday, January 5, 2013

The New Face of Blyth

  BLYTH HAS BECOME EVEN MORE OF A DESTINATION

The biggest recent change I notice in Blyth is the number of non-Blyth residents on the street, going into the business places, stopping for coffee and biscuit, stopping for lunch.

And I am not talking about the theatre season. I'm talking about September through to the present.

Now I am not one of those people who dislike strangers. When I see guests in Blyth that I have never seen before, I celebrate. I celebrate also because these new visitors come in all age groups, from many language groups, from many racial groups. 

And best of all, we are welcoming them all as never before.

We have The Corner Café, Maple and Moose, Stitches with a Twist, Pianovations, the Gift Cupboard, an Art Studio, Part II Bistro, Queens Bakery, The Miniature Museum, Blyth Inn, Davara Studio, as well as a great grocery store: Scrimgeours, an MPP office and a noted architect - John Rutledge.

We have other businesses and services as well.

My son was visiting here from Nova Scotia, and was looking for very special strings for his ukulele that he could not find in Halifax, and found them in our Pianovations store. He was some impressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers